Searching for “Reporting theft or loss”

  • § 555.30 Reporting theft or loss of explosive materials.

    (a) Any licensee or permittee who has knowledge of the theft or loss of any explosive materials from his stock shall, within 24 hours of discovery, report the theft or loss by telephoning 1-800-461-8841 (nationwide toll free number) and on ATF F 5400.5 in accordance with the instructions on the form. Theft or loss of any explosive materials shall also be reported to appropriate local authorities.

  • § 555.165 Failure to report theft or loss.

    (a) Any person who has knowledge of the theft or loss of any explosive materials from his stock and fails to report the theft or loss within 24 hours of discovery in accordance with § 555.30, shall be fined not more than $1,000 or imprisoned not more than one year, or both.

  • § 555.34 Replacement of stolen or lost ATF Form 5400.30 (Intrastate Purchase of Explosives Coupon (IPEC)).

    When any Form 5400.30 is stolen, lost, or destroyed, the person losing possession will, upon discovery of the theft, loss, or destruction, immediately, but in all cases before 24 hours have elapsed since discovery, report the matter to the Director by telephoning 1-888-ATF-BOMB (nationwide toll free number). The report will explain in detail the circumstances of the theft, loss, or destruction and will include all known facts that may serve to identify the document. Upon receipt of the report, the Director will make such investigation as appears appropriate and may issue a duplicate document upon such conditions as the circumstances warrant.

  • § 555.127 Daily summary of magazine transactions.

    In taking the inventory required by §§ 555.122, 555.123, 555.124, and 555.125, a licensee or permittee shall enter the inventory in a record of daily summary transactions to be kept at each magazine of an approved storage facility; however, these records may be kept at one central location on the business premises if separate records of daily transactions are kept for each magazine. Not later than the close of the next business day, each licensee and permittee shall record by manufacturer's name or brand name, the total quantity received in and removed from each magazine during the day, and the total remaining on hand at the end of the day. Quantity entries for display fireworks may be expressed as the number and size of individual display fireworks in a finished state or as the number of packaged display segments or packaged displays. Information as to the number and size of display fireworks contained in any one packaged display segment or packaged display shall be provided to any ATF officer on request. Any discrepancy which might indicate a theft or loss of explosive materials is to be reported in accordance with § 555.30.

  • § 555.211 Construction of type 5 magazines.

    A type 5 magazine is a building, igloo or “Army-type structure”, tunnel, dugout, bin, box, trailer, or a semitrailer or other mobile facility.

  • § 555.210 Construction of type 4 magazines.

    A type 4 magazine is a building, igloo or “Army-type structure”, tunnel, dugout, box, trailer, or a semitrailer or other mobile magazine.

  • § 555.209 Construction of type 3 magazines.

    A type 3 magazine is a “day-box” or other portable magazine. It must be fire-resistant, weather-resistant, and theft-resistant. A type 3 magazine is to be constructed of not less than number 12-gauge (.1046 inches) steel, lined with at least either 1/2-inch plywood or 1/2-inch Masonite-type hardboard. Doors must overlap sides by at least one inch. Hinges and hasps are to be attached by welding, riveting or bolting (nuts on inside). One steel padlock (which need not be protected by a steel hood) having at least five tumblers and a case-hardened shackle of at least 3/8-inch diameter is sufficient for locking purposes. Explosive materials are not to be left unattended in type 3 magazines and must be removed to type 1 or 2 magazines for unattended storage.

  • § 555.207 Construction of type 1 magazines.

    A type 1 magazine is a permanent structure: a building, an igloo or “Army-type structure”, a tunnel, or a dugout. It is to be bullet-resistant, fire-resistant, weather-resistant, theft-resistant, and ventilated.

  • § 555.181 Reporting of plastic explosives.

    All persons, other than an agency of the United States (including any military reserve component) or the National Guard of any State, possessing any plastic explosive on April 24, 1996, shall submit a report to the Director no later than August 22, 1996. The report shall be in writing and mailed by certified mail (return receipt requested) to the Director at P.O. Box 50204, Washington, DC 20091-0204. The report shall include the quantity of plastic explosives possessed on April 24, 1996; any marks of identification on such explosives; the name and address of the manufacturer or importer; the storage location of such explosives, including the city and State; and the name and address of the person possessing the plastic explosives.

  • § 555.208 Construction of type 2 magazines.

    A type 2 magazine is a box, trailer, semitrailer, or other mobile facility.

Page 1 of 1