This regulation lists the defense articles subject to control, explains the importation of arms, ammunition and implements of war, and explains the restrictions on importing these items into the U.S.
Important topics include:
- Definitions of terms used in this regulation
- The United States Munitions Import List (items that are subject to controls)
- Registration and permit requirements for importing them
- Import restrictions that apply to specific countries
- Exemptions to import requirements
- Penalties, seizures and forfeitures
Search this regulation
Some example topic searches:
Legal limitations of this tool
The ATF’s eRegulations tool is an editorial compilation of material and not an official legal edition of the Code of Federal Regulations or the Federal Register . We have made every effort to ensure the material presented in this tool is accurate, but if you are relying on it for legal research you should consult the official editions of those sources to confirm your findings. Nothing in this tool binds ATF or creates any rights, benefits, or defenses, substantive or procedural, that are enforceable by any party in any manner.